Friday, March 2, 2007

Me & Bob Weir!!


Special thanks to Craig S. Fine for this photo


Well I guess it's official. I am a Rock Star!!!

This weekend, I had the exciting opportunity to play with Rock & Roll Hall of Famer and Co-Founder of the Grateful Dead, Mr. Bob Weir and his band Ratdog in Utica, NY!

They are the most amazing musicians with whom I have had the pleasure to play!! (is that grammatically correct enough?)
While I have had the opportunity to play with MANY Rock & Blues legends over the years, Ratdog was certainly a MAJOR highlight in my life!

They graciously invited me to join them on stage for the last half of their second set!
We ended the night by rocking out to a classic favorite, inspired by my idol Johnnie Johnson ... "Johnnie B. Goode"

The fans of Ratdog were particularly gracious and supportive as well.
What a wonderful experience!

I will have more info on this story, including photos, updates and a link where you can download/buy the entire Ratdog show in the next few days, on my website, so please check back. www.DonaOxford.com

Thanks again to Bob, Dennis, the band and the fans in Utica!!

Doña

No comments: